Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hot patootie bless my soul do you really love that rock and roll?

But February made me shiver, with every paper I'd deliver. Bad news on the door step. I couldn't take one more step. But I knew if I had my chance I could make those people dance...if only for a moment...



...I was a teenage rockin' buck with a pink carnation and a pick up truck. Man I knew I was outta luck...the day...the music died.



I started singin' bye bye Miss American Pie. Drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry. And good ol' boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye the day the music died.



Don McClean - American PieHot patootie bless my soul do you really love that rock and roll?
Whatever happened to Saturday night?

When you dressed up sharp and you felt all right

It don't seem the same since cosmic light

Came into my life, I thought I was divine

I used to go for a ride with a chick who'd go

And listen to the music on the radio

A saxophone was blowing on a Rock and Roll showHot patootie bless my soul do you really love that rock and roll?
Good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment